According to the most recent weather reports, your area is in the likely path of incoming Hurricane Ida. High winds associated with hurricanes can cause damage to LVT Units if proper action is not taken. When high-force winds above 60 miles per hour are anticipated, we highly recommend taking precautions to protect the LiveUnit.
If possible, move the LiveUnit into a covered, secure location. Details to take down the LiveUnit are provided here and below.
If it is not possible to shelter the unit, please take the following actions (also provided in the video):
- Turn off the power
- Lower the mast
- Remove the headunit and store in the camera storage box
- Pull the solar lock handle to lower the top solar panel and lock it in the A-frame position
- Lift the tongue into the upright, locked position
- Leave the stabilizing legs extended and ensure that the trailer tires are firmly on the ground.
- Store the guy wire and any other loose material in the burlap sack located in the battery box. Take care to ensure that the metal guy wire is NOT in contact with any part of the battery bank.
Help Video: LiveUnit Take Down Video
Note: If you would like to move your LiveUnit to a more secure location and continue to use the LiveUnit from the secure location, please follow the steps included in the “Take Down” video above and then follow the setup/install instructions contained in the links below. To plug into shore power and avoid downtime due to the location or weather conditions, you’ll find the port to plug your extension cord into on the driver side battery box closest to the trailer tongue.
PDF: LiveUnit User Guide PDF
Additional Instructions & Video Below
Safety Check: Towing: https://vimeo.com/566860870/7552fac260
Safety Check: Unit Setup: https://vimeo.com/566863985/b59a64fb7a
Safety Check: Guy-Wires: https://vimeo.com/566866088/70d7d83c8b
Safety Check: Moving the Trailer: https://vimeo.com/566865392/448287f99a
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the LVT Technical Support Team at 888-588-9408 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.